- Review the Program of Study (POS), Professional Development Plan template (PDP), and Statement of Counseling Identity in the Learning Resources for this week; you will need all three along with information from your state licensure board to complete this week’s assignment. Do not contact the licensure office for this information.
- Based on your appropriate POS, consider when you should complete your residencies.
- When reviewing and using your state’s requirements, be sure to paraphrase (i.e., do not plagiarize by using the words of the licensure board; check out the week 4 resources for reminders on how to paraphrase and cite your sources to avoid plagiarism). Do not contact the licensure office for this information.
- Review the Walden University websites showing completion requirements for your program/specialization.
- In this week’s Learning Resources, there are documents corresponding to the Clinical Mental Health Counseling (CMHC) and Marriage, Couple, and Family Counseling (MCFC) programs. Click on the document corresponding to your program. You may also choose to review the document corresponding to the other program, if doing so will help you to focus your professional goals.
- Review the Professional Development Plan (PDP) Outline in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the examples in the Statement of Counselor Identity document in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Reflect on your own personal experiences, professional training and development, self-awareness, and your future as a clinical mental health counselor in preparation for writing your Professional Development Plan.
Using the templates provided, complete the POS template and PDP Outline and submit by Day 7.
Be sure to address all topics within the documents to create a plan that will help you to develop your professional identity.