Book: Schultz, D.P., & Schultz, S.E. (2012). A History of Modern Psychology, (Ed. 10th)
Briefly discuss how the psychology became a separate and distinct discipline.
- Focus on only main concepts for each textbook chapter, the new psychology and structuralism. In other words, do not try to summarize all the relative concepts and theorists in Chapter 4 & 5. (Important Note: Do interpret the concepts of the theorists in your own words and do not use in your paper quoted material, unless absolutely necessary to the point you are trying to make. Whenever possible, do try to apply the theorist’s concepts to real world experiences).
- Compare and Contrast the most significant influences to psychology in the areas of the new psychology (Chapter 4) and structuralism (Chapter 5).
- Briefly, discuss the Zeitgeist (intellectual climate of the times, i.e., social, political, educational, cultural and how these influence the theorists world view).
- Remember to keep your focus narrow when discussing the theorists, only discussing the most important points of their theories and/or concepts
- In order to earn maximum points for this assignment, include an introductory paragraph (thesis statement and main points) and a concluding paragraph (summarization of the topics, along with a strong concluding statement).
- Please refer to the required resources at the beginning of this syllabus if you are struggling with writing and APA formatting.
- Assignment should be approximately 750 words (3 pages) long and follow APA formatting style
- Times New Roman Font, 1 inch margins, double-spaced.
- Include 2 sources to cite in your paper, from both Chapters (4 & 5) of your book and any (optional), additional outside sources you may have used.
- Include both a title and reference page with your sources cited in your paper.