Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper about how the orangutang has adapted to survive in their specific environment. Include the following points in your paper:
- Briefly describe the environment (temperature, landscape, food sources, etc.) and describe the orangutang’s role in the environment. Determine which animal the orangutan get can be most closely related to using a phylogenetic tree.
- Identify the structures and functions of the main organs found in the orangutang.
- Explain how the organgutang has evolved physiologically to become suited to its environment.
- Explain how things would change if the organgutang were to be transplanted to a significantly different environment:
- Would their organ system still be as efficient? Why or why not?
- Would the orangutang survive in this new environment? Why or why not?
Include the diagram and other appropriate pictures in your paper and make sure to provide a full reference for the images in your reference section.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines including references and in-text citations. Your paper should include a well written introduction and conclusion. Use only academic research sources.