You will need to find 4 articles located in scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred as primary source peer reviewed articles. A scholarly journal article can be found in the South University Online Library. To find more information regarding utilizing the South University Library and accessing scholarly journal articles click on Library Guide. What cannot be used for this assignment are web pages, magazines, newspapers, text books, and other books. Finally, current research for our purposes is an article that was published within the last 5 to 6 years.
Remember this is a course on human development so when looking for articles make sure that it is related to the subject matter covered in the course. To help in your search here are some of the major areas we covered in this course.
- Major developmental theories across the lifespan
- Nature of geographic, gender, social, cognitive, emotional, and developmental factors during each period of development
- Developmental factors that impact one another.
- Historical and current trends in development
- Current trends which may differentially impact the future development of populations in the United States
- Social, and diversity issues related to developmental psychology
With the major areas above in mind, focus on at least two age groups when developing your paper. The 4 scholarly journal articles you chose need to be based on the one or more of these age groups;
- Older Adults
Write a summary (1-2 pages) of what was leaned from the articles reviewed on the chosen age groups as seen from the life-span perspective. Covered the following in that summary:
- What similarities did you find in the types of research and what was being studied? What differences did you find?
- Based on your course readings what developmental theories did you find that were applicable?
Explain how the life-span perspective may provide a way of better understanding the research reviewed.
Need APA formatting with references.