You will need to find research articles located in scholarly journals. Scholarly journal articles are also referred as primary source peer reviewed articles. A scholarly journal article can be found in the South University Online Library. To find more information regarding utilizing the South University Library and accessing scholarly journal articles click on Library Guide. What cannot be used for this assignment are web pages, magazines, newspapers, text books, and other books. Finally, current research for our purposes is an article that was published within the last 5 to 6 years.
Remember this is a course on human development so when looking for articles make sure that it is related to the subject matter covered in the course. Include one or more of the following as topic areas in your search:
- Major developmental theories across the lifespan
- Nature of geographic, gender, social, cognitive, emotional, and developmental factors during each period of development
- Developmental factors that impact one another.
- Historical and current trends in development
- Current trends which may differentially impact the future development of populations in the United States
- Social, and diversity issues related to developmental psychology
For this assignment you will find 2 scholarly journal articles for each of these age groups:
- Early childhood
- Late childhood
The annotated bibliography should include for each article.
- Write a 2 paragraph summary for each article.
- Write a 1-2 paragraph analysis and evaluation for each article found.
- Make sure to integrate what you learned in your course readings in that analysis
- Used correct spelling, grammar, and professional vocabulary.
- Used APA format including:
- Title page
- Double space
- Cited and referencing all sources using the APA format.