Select a psychological disorder that you are likely to deal with in your chosen career. You may continue with the pretend client you used in your first two assignments. Write a six to ten (6-10) page report that specifically addresses all of the following:
1. Name of this disorder.
2. Symptoms of this disorder.
3. Number of people or percentage of the population diagnosed with this disorder each year.
4. Suspected causes of this disorder.
5. Write a paragraph on how this diagnosis could be treated by each of the four major schools of psychotherapy (Psychodynamic, Humanistic, Behavioral, and Cognitive).
6. Which therapeutic approach do you think is best for this problem; why?
7. What kind of resistance would you expect in treating this kind of problem?
8. How might the Prochaska Model of Change assist with your treatment efforts? Explain.
9. How might manualized approaches to therapy help or hinder your treatment efforts? Explain.
10. Discuss any dual diagnosis issues that are likely with this diagnosis. (Please include at least one source external to the text, to support your conclusions regarding possible dual diagnosis).
11. What specific population or populations (age, sex, ethnicity, etc.) are you hoping to help? As a mental health professional, what ethical and/or cultural issues should you consider? How would you address those issues?
Each paper should include:
· A title page
· The paper itself (the “discussion”)
· Correct APA formatting for in text citations
· A reference page
· Use standard margins: 1″ on all sides.
· Use standard 12-point Times New Roman Font.
· Use standard double-spacing: 22 lines per page.
· Use left-aligned text. Do not right-justify.