Write a 4–6-page examination of three different kinds of architecture that impact your daily life.
This assessment allows you to demonstrate your understanding architecture’s influence on personal experience.
For this assessment, complete the following:
- Select three different kinds of spaces with which you are familiar in everyday life: places where you live, work, play, exercise, socialize, meditate, or worship.
- Describe these spaces in detail, explaining what you observe, feel, think, and do when you are in each. Let your observation include lots of sensory inputs; you may first notice visual elements, but look for characteristic smells or sounds as well.
- Examine your thoughts and feelings with the same degree of attention; is this a place that uplifts you or drags you down?
- Consider the activities you pursue here, whether they are unique to this space or associated with it in your memory.
- List the theoretical principles of architecture and apply those principles to the spaces you have described.
- How do the architectural features of the space help to shape the variety of experiences you have when inhabiting it? Reflect on the traditional forms of architecture and assess how they contribute to what you observe, feel, think, and do in these spaces.
- Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Your paper should be formatted according to APA (6th edition) style and formatting.
- Length: 4–6 typed and double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.