Write a 2–3-page Executive Summary of Organizational Diversity.
Read the following scenario:
The city in which you work has undergone a significant population shift within the last 10 years, due to increased employment, education opportunities, and an influx of immigrants and refugees. To put the population shift in perspective, the local school district enrollment report states that nearly 100 languages are spoken in the schools, up from 32 languages in the last census. Senior leadership has asked you to examine all types of multiculturalism and diversity within your health care organization.
To do this, you will need to use a system perspective to examine the relationship between a diverse workforce and patient outcomes; identify gaps between best practices and the organization’s diversity policies, and make a recommendation for organizational change.
In the Executive Summary:
- Analyze the impact of a diverse workforce on patient outcomes.
- In what ways or situations might multiculturalism and diversity impact health care delivery or patient outcomes?
- How is diversity defined in the organization?
- Analyze how the health care system integrates diversity and multiculturalism into its practices.
- Is the make-up of the organization’s leadership representative of the patient and employee populations? Is this important? What would you change?
- Explain how multiculturalism and diversity can impact health care delivery or patient outcomes.
- Analyze current recruitment and retention policies to identify gaps between best practices and current policies.
- Assess the level of integration and importance of multiculturalism and diversity in a health care organization.
- Are all types of diversity recognized and included?
- Provide support for your position by including 2 or 3 examples of the integration of multiculturalism and diversity into the organization.
- Recommend evidence-based changes to the organizational structure and systems leadership that empower a diverse workforce.
- What changes would you champion as a health care leader to make the system more responsive to patients and the organization’s workforce?
Make your document easy to scan for readers by:
- Using subheadings to organize content.
- Using bullet points and phrases for main points, in addition to short, succinct paragraphs.
- Including a visual, such as a graph, table, or chart.
- Written communication: Written communication should be free of errors that distract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and in-text citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced.
- Length: Summary report should be 2–3 pages.
PLEASE USE APA FORMAT AND MAKE SURE ENOUGH PARAPHRASING IS DONE TO ENSURE PAPER ABLE TO PASS TURNITIN