Assignment 1: Qualitative Methods
This module taught you that although much of the data collected in a program evaluation and performance measurement will be quantitative, it is very important that we do not overlook the value of qualitative data within this process.
In a minimum of 200 words, respond to the following:
- What are the key characteristics of qualitative evaluation methods?
- What are the benefits of including qualitative data in the evaluation process?
- Do you believe that an evaluator can deliver and complete a valid evaluation of a program or an agency without including qualitative data? Why or why not?
- By Saturday, January 21, 2017, post your responses to this Discussion Area.
- Through Wednesday, January 25, 2017, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts who chose perspectives different from yours. While responding, comment on the current practice and future plans or additional strategies to use when writing your response to other student’s postings. Think about the language you use to comment constructively on other students’ posts.