Assignment 2: Accountability Standards
Accountability standards are used to measure an agency’s compliance with the rules and regulations that govern their practice. These standards are set forth by legislators, ethics boards, funding sources, and licensing boards. The main purpose of these standards is to ensure that clients receive the highest level of care.
In this assignment, you will assess the influence of accountability standards on human services work. This exercise will sharpen your ability to recognize the importance of accountability in human services work in addition to encouraging you to process the related challenges in meeting the standards.
Write a 2- to 3-page essay on the influence of accountability standards, leadership style, and diversity on an organization. In the essay, discuss the following:
- Discuss how standards of care influence direct services.
- Discuss the influence these standards have on how leaders of agencies manage daily operations in an agency.
- Discuss the influence of accountability standards on the satisfaction of direct service workers in addition to how this might influence how the workers relate with the managers of the agency.
- By Wednesday, May 18, 2016, prepare a 2- to 3-page essay. Your response should rely upon at least three sources from professional literature. This may include the Argosy University online library resources, relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov). Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources (i.e., APA format); and use accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Save your essay in a Microsoft Word document with the name M4_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc, and upload it to the M4 Assignment 2 Dropbox.