Assignment 2: LASA 1: Ethical Case Study Analysis Paper
- Read the case study provided and identify all three of the ethical dilemmas presented.
- Describe the nature and all dimensions of the three ethical issues.
- Identify the ethical code numbers and definitions of each issue presented using both the APA and ACA codes.
- Discuss alternative courses of action that could be taken by the counselor to rectify each dilemma.
- Describe the implications of each alternative action; lay out the limitations and advantages of each alternative considered.
- Choose one course of action and provide a justification for this selection.
- Describe the ethical decision-making model (from your course materials) you used throughout the process to arrive at a final decision (i.e., Forrester-Miller and Davis). Make sure you outline each step.
You will be graded on the process you used to arrive at your recommendations and the reasoning behind picking a specific recommendation (and not the actual recommendation itself).
You should utilize and cite at least two peer-reviewed journal articles to include in your research.
The body of the paper should be no less than 5 pages in length. Your paper should be double-spaced, in 12 point Times New Roman font, with normal 1-inch margins, written in APA style, and free of typographical and grammatical errors. It should include a title page with a running head, an abstract, and a reference page.
Save the paper as AU_PSY430_M3_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc and submit it to the M3 Assignment 2 LASA 1 Dropbox by Wednesday, March 16, 2016.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Analyzed the case and identified all three of the ethical dilemmas presented in the case study.||
|Described the nature and all dimensions of the three ethical issues.||
|Identified the ethical code numbers and definitions of all issues presented in the case study using both the APA and ACA codes.||
|Discussed alternative courses of action that could be taken by the counselor to rectify each dilemma.||
|Described the implications of each course of action; laid out the limitations and advantages of each alternative considered.||
|Chose one course of action and provided a justification for this selection.||
|Described the ethical decision-making model (outline the steps) used throughout the process to arrive at a final decision.||
|Included information from at least two external scholarly references.||