This assignment is needed no later than March 12, 2016 at 1300 hrs (Arizona Time/Pacific Time). If you can not reach this deadline please disregard.
Using the module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet, research the roles of families and the positive and negative impact children with disabilities can have on the family.
Be sure to review the following article from the readings for this module:
Based on your research, address the following:
- Provide a brief overview of the main points of the article.
- Describe at least two things you learned from the article.
- Describe the potential challenges and benefits for families who have one or more children with exceptionalities.
- Evaluate the influence of the cultural background of children with high-incidence exceptionalities (such as learning disabilities) on how they are approached by the following:
- Their families
- Their schools
- Their communities
- Describe the ecocultural perspective. Based on your readings, describe supports or interventions you would recommend from this perspective. Be sure to address families, schools, and communities.
Write a 3–5-page paper in Word format. Be sure to include separate title and reference pages. Apply APA standards to citation of sources.
Please use the following Grading Criteria
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Provided a brief overview of the main points of the module reading and described two things learned from the article.||
|Described potential challenges and benefits for families who have one or more children with exceptionalities.||
|Evaluated the influence of cultural backgrounds on how families, their schools, and their communities approach children with high-incidence exceptionalities such as learning disabilities.||
|Explained the ecocultural perspective and recommended supports or interventions, addressing families, schools, and communities.||
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.||