Understand the top global invasive species, the damage they cause and what we can do to stop them.
For This Forum:
You can either use a search engine to find invasive species in your area (search for your state and invasive species) or you can visit: https://www.invasivespeciesinfo.gov/resources/lists.shtml
- Find an invasive species in your area or somewhere you have been – a plant, animal, insect, fungi.
- Include the name of the species in the title of your post – before posting, make sure to check the list so that you do not choose the same species as your classmates!
- Identify your geographic location and research your chosen species
- Answer these questions:
- What is the common and scientific name (properly formatted)?
- Where did it originate?
- How did it get to your chosen location (speculate if you don’t know)?
- What characteristics of the species makes it successful?
- What are the effected native species (any plants, animals, etc.)?
- What efforts are underway to prevent the spread of the species?
- What is one thing you learned from this research?