Bus 368 Week 5 Financial Plan of Dinner Theatre
Develop a financing plan to raise capital for a new venture. The 8 to 10 page paper should cover major course concepts. How will the money be used? What is the past performance of the organization that you are either raising funds for or want to acquire? What type of pro forma projections can you use to increase the credibility of your borrowing capacity? Prepare cash flow statements indicating how the borrowed proceeds will be repaid.
Focus of the Final Paper
Additional questions that should be answered to focus the core of your paper include the following:
How much money do you plan on raising? What sources will be available including personal funds, relatives, Small Business Administration, sweat equity, venture capital, angel investors, vendor financing, partnering, and short and long term financing? Can you successfully use guerilla tactics [that is, creating interest by initially offering an asset for sale, and then withdrawing interest and seeking people to raise the bid]?
What types of collateral can you use as security for your investment? Describe how you will mitigate against risks including management, technical, marketing, programmatic [can we make it?] and cost risk [can we make it cost effectively?]
Writing the Final Paper
The Final Paper:
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.
- Must include a cover page that includes:
– Student’s name
– Course name and number
– Title of paper
– Instructor’s name
– Date submitted
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide to document all sources.
- Must include, on the final page, a Reference Page that is completed according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide.