ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL AS ALL ASSIGNMENTS GO THROUGH A TURNITIN PROGRAM. ASSIGNMENT NEEDS TO BE ON TIME AND HAVE ATLEAST 5 SOURCES AND VERY DETAILED
MY CASE HISTORY IS ON A 35 YEAR OLD WHITE MALE WHO HAS BEEN USING FOR ABOUT 15 YEARS AND IS KNOWN TO SELF MEDICATE TO AVOID DEALING WITH ALL HE HAS LOST;
1. IN AND OUT OF JAIL ON DRUG RELATED CHARGES AND LOST LICENSE FOR BEING UNDER THE INFLUANCE
2. HAS 4 CHILDREN TO 4 DIFFERENT MOTHERS AND 2 OF THOSE GAVE UP THEIR CHILDREN AGAINST THE FATHERS WISHES
3. HE WAS A CARE TAKER FOR HIS BROTHER WHO WAS FIGHTING CANCER AND HE LOST HIS BROTHER VERY SUDDENLY AND THAT WAS WHEN HE REALLY BEGAN USING HEAVILY.
4. AFTER LOSING HIS BROTHER HE TOOK 27 XANAX BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO DRIVE HOME AND HE LOST CONTROL OF HIS CAR AND ALMOST DIED. AFTER THIS ACCIDNT HE INCREASED HIS INTAKE OF PAIN KILLERS AND COKE TO VERY HIGH LEVELS.
When conducting an evaluation, it is also important to consider the client’s demography as a possible contributing factor.
Use the module readings and the Argosy University online library resources to research methods of recording case histories.
Create a case history for a person with an addiction that clearly traces contributing factors. Do not include identifying information. At this point, do not include details of any mental illness that would constitute a dual diagnosis. Be sure to cover the following components in your case history:
- Demographics – including age, gender, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, marital status, number and ages of children, living arrangements, and religion if applicable
- Family background
- History of chemical use
- Description of the current problem (include history of previous treatment, if any)
After completing the case history, consider ethical standards in relation to this client. What potential ethical issues exist or may come into play with this client? Be sure to include at least one ethical issue. Explore multiculturalism, duty to report/warn, and confidentiality. For example, if the client has children, explain how duty to report may come into play when working with this client.
Write a 3–4-page report in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of at least 5 sources.