Assignment Guidelines Review
As a college student, it is important to think about how stress can impact both your personal and academic life. In this case study, you will do some research on stress and ways to build self-efficacy.
Case Study Scenario
Katya is a freshman with a 3.0 grade point average. She studies diligently, but experiences severe anxiety before tests because she doesn’t believe that her efforts will make a difference. It is almost the end of the semester and Katya must do well on her chemistry exam or she’ll lose her scholarship. This pressure has made her test anxiety so bad that she had a panic attack this afternoon while trying to study. The chemistry exam is two days away and she needs help.
Thinking it Over
Very often, a college student’s self-esteem will be based on academic performance. Discuss how you could help Katya build her sense of self-efficacy both in and out of the classroom. You will also need to discuss the best approaches Katya can take now to do well on her exam and prevent a similar stressful situation from happening next term. This is where you will use your research to support your ideas.
Use these questions to help you think about your recommendations and conclusions:
- Do you think you would seek professional help if you were in Katya’s situation? Why or why not?
- From a health perspective, what are some actions you can take to decrease anxiety and learn optimism?
- Lastly, what are good ways to form realistic expectations before beginning each semester?
What do you have to do?
First, you will need to do research using articles from the web with at least 1 resource from the PCC Library. (Note: If you are accessing these from off-campus, you will be asked to enter in your LancerPoint username and password in order to login to the system.) You can check out the following resources to help you:
You will then need to use your research to create a 2 page double-spaced analysis of the case study which includes the following:
- OVERVIEW OF THE SCENARIO (Summarized in your own words.)
- YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
- RECOMMENDATIONS (This is where you will include your research with citations in APA format.)