Chapter 1 Introduction
For this discussion, write your 2–4 page Chapter 1: Introduction to the Integrative Project.
Now that you have a research question and Chapters 2 through 5, you are prepared to write Chapter 1, the project introduction. The purpose of the introduction is to explain and justify how you plan to answer the research question:
- Introduce the purpose and describe key features of Chapters 2 through 5.
- Remember, to meet this goal, you must begin with a description of the research problem and how the research problem led to the current research question.
- Include your research question in interrogative form, such as How do preschool teachers who recognize possible cognitive delay in their pupils describe their attempts to help parents help their children?
- Summarize briefly what we know so far about the phenomena under investigation.
- Describe what we need to know to advance the knowledge base.
- Address briefly the major themes identified in the literature review.
- Summarize the design approach.
- Identify whether it is qualitative or quantitative.
- Identify the target population, procedures such as survey, interview, observation, quasi-experimentation, and the plan for analysis.
- Summarize the expected results briefly.
- Summarize implications for the research community.
Note: Post the Chapter 1: Introduction by copying and pasting directly to the message box in addition to attaching your Word doc.