In a written paper of 1,200-1,500 words,
Apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease (in 1,200-1,500 words, max)
Choose one from the following list:
- 1. Chickenpox
- 2. Tuberculosis
- 3. Influenza
- 4. Mononucleosis
- 5. Hepatitis B
- 6. HIV
Epidemiology Paper Requirements
Include the following in your assignment:
- Description of the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence).
- Describe the determinants of health and explain how those factors contribute to the development of this disease.
- Discuss the epidemiologic triangle as it relates to the communicable disease you have selected. Include the host factors, agent factors (presence or absence), and environmental factors. (The textbook describes each element of the epidemiologic triangle).
- Explain the role of the community health nurse (case finding, reporting, data collecting, data analysis, and follow-up).
- Identify at least one national agency or organization that addresses the communicable disease chosen and describe how the organization(s) contributes to resolving or reducing the impact of disease.
6. A minimum of three references is required.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA , An abstract is not required.
Please review the ATTACHED rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. 0% plagiarism