Critical Thinking Report: Evaluating Resources
1) View the video “A Consumer’s Guide to Sourcing in News Reports” from The News Literacy Project at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1A46_Zd_wk
2) Research the Internet to obtain 3 websites that address the issue you selected from the ProCon.org website. The issue I selected is school uniforms. “Should Students have to wear School Uniforms“
3) In your report, apply the “7 Key Points” outlined in the video to each of the 3 websites.
4) Based on these “7 Key Points,” indicate whether each of the 3 sites is or is not a credible resource on the issue and explain your rationale.
The completed assignment should be approximately 500 words (2 pages).
The assignment should follow guidelines for clear and organized writing:
- Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph.
- Address main ideas in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
- Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, mechanics, and spelling.
The assignment should follow these APA Style formatting and citation requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- In-text citations and the References page must follow APA Style format.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The report will be automatically submitted to SafeAssign to generate an Originality Report when submitted to Blackboard.