Learning how to differentiate between qualitative and quantitative research methodology is a critical skill necessary for analyzing empirical research. For this Discussion, you will analyze the similarities and differences between qualitative and quantitative methodology. Also, you will critically examine a research question to determine the best method to investigate the question.
- Review the Learning Resources for this week and consider the differences between qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Consider the question, “How does music impact mood?”
- Think about ways you could research this question quantitatively and qualitatively.
Note: You are required to post your response to the Discussion thread before you are able to view others’ responses.
By Day 3
Based on the question, “How does music impact mood?”:
- 1. Explain how you could quantitatively investigate how music impacts mood.
- 2. Explain how you could qualitatively investigate how music impacts mood.
- 3. Which do you think is better for investigating this question? Support your answer with scholarly sources.
Be sure to answer all three above questions, support your postings and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources and identify current relevant literature to support your work.