Primary Discussion Response is due by Wednesday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Sunday (11:59:59pm Central).
Personality Assessment Primary Task Response: Take the Keirsey Temperament Sorter to determine your temperament style. Then take the Jung Typology Test to determine your personality type. Within the Discussion Board area, write 300–500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions with your classmates. Be clear and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Share your 4-letter personality type. What does each letter stand for, and what does it mean about your personality?
- Share which type of temperament you fit. Discuss your temperament style.
- Share some of the insights you gained about your personality and temperament. Do you agree or disagree with the characteristics of your personality and temperament? Explain why.
- Include some of the career options that you think fit your personality and temperament. Explain why you think the options that you cited might be good fits for you.
- How could personality or temperament assessments be used in your career?
- Are there better ways to assess personality? Explain your answer.
Responses to Other Students: Respond to at least 2 of your fellow classmates with at least a 100-word reply about their Primary Task Response regarding items you found to be compelling and enlightening. To help you with your discussion, please consider the following questions:
- What insights did you gain about personality from reading your classmates’ personality types?
- Do you agree with your classmates about how personality assessments should be used? Why or why not?
- What are some of the differences and similarities that you see between your posting and your classmates’ postings? How can you use the differences to advance the discussion?
- 300–500 words written as an essay
- Typed and double spaced, Times New Roman (12-point font), and 1-inch margins
- Proofread for spelling and grammatical errors
- Incorporated at least 1 outside resource and cited your sources following APA format
Keirsey. (n.d.). Welcome to the Keirsey temperament sorter (KTS-II). Retrieved from http://keirsey.com/sorter/register.aspx