A minimum of 350 words, no plagiarism for this essay.
Using the Internet, your textbook or the Kaplan library, conduct some research on your own on an endangered species (plant or animal) of your choice. Consider the biological, ethical, and economic aspects that have led not only to its endangerment, but also the role humans have taken in protecting the species. Then, during the week, be sure to address the following:
- In a short paragraph (5–7 sentences) describe the species that you chose to learn more about and the basic reasons for its endangerment.
- What characteristics make some species more vulnerable to extinction, while others seem to thrive despite changes in their surroundings?
- How do the extinctions of other creatures affect humans directly and indirectly?
- Why are decisions about recovery and preservation of these creatures so complicated?
- What, if any, ethical responsibilities do humans have to other creatures on the planet?
- What sorts of trade-offs would you be willing to make in order to help protect an endangered species? Would you make the same trade-offs for all types of species including plants, insects, amphibians, etc., in addition to those many people tend to be fonder of, like whales, tigers, and pandas?