- Identify ethical dilemmas encountered in professional nursing practice.
- Describe the ethical theories and principles influencing healthcare decisions.
- Explain the interdependency of genetics, genomics, and ethics on nursing care.
- Describe the principles of genetics and genomics.
- Differentiate the legal and professional policies influencing healthcare decisions.
- Design nursing care strategies which incorporate genetic and genomic risk factors.
In your role as a case manager you have the opportunity for bedside rounding with the interdisciplinary team on your unit. In preparing for the week’s team rounds you need to prepare information to present a case summary and plan of care to the interdisciplinary team on your newly admitted client with a positive genetic test result. You look forward to the opportunity to advocate for your client and value the holistic approach that the interdisciplinary team supports.
Create a written case summary that details an evidence-based interprofessional comprehensive holistic plan of care based on expected genetic and genomic assessment findings for client with a positive genetic test results.
Include the following related to the chosen genetic condition:
- Details pertaining to expected genetic and genomic assessment findings and diagnostic results
- Ethical considerations including a potential ethical dilemma
- Ethical theoretical foundations
- Relevant legal and professional policies
- Interprofessional care
- Nursing care strategies
- For additional information on evidence-based practice resources, please visit the Library and Learning Services Answers page: What is EBP?
- For additional information on finding articles about nursing best practice, please visit the Library and Learning Services Answers page: How do I find articles about nursing best practices?
- For additional writing and research support, please visit the following Library and Learning Services resources: