The need for executive coaching has grown as organizations experience global expansion. As a result of global expansion, on any given day, an employee might need to interact with individuals in multiple different countries, individuals who speak different languages, and individuals who have very different ideas about how to conduct business.
It is through these interactions that cultural differences are often recognized. Culture is thought to be pervasive in that it impacts every aspect of our lives including how we communicate, solve problems, make decisions, deal with conflict, and relate to others. Thus, to be effective, Executive Coaches must not only understand other cultures, but they must also recognize how their cultural experiences and norms impact the way they go about their work. In short, negative cultural assumptions and stereotypes held by Executive Coaches can significantly impact their effectiveness in working with diverse groups.
Write a 5-6 page paper (excluding title and reference pages) addressing all of the following:
- Identify the impact culture has on the method Executive Coaches choose to carry out their jobs.
- Taking culture into consideration, analyze various approaches to effective coaching.
- Describe what you see to be key factors in successfully coaching individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Outline the legal and ethical considerations that should be taken into account when coaching individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Identify any pitfalls that Executive Coaches should avoid when coaching individuals from diverse backgrounds.
Use a minimum of three sources in addition to required course readings.