Note: The assessments in this course build upon each other, so you are strongly encouraged to complete them in sequence.
In this assessment, you will examine the genetic and evolutionary approaches to understanding personality. This assessment will prepare you for the application of theory in the next assessment, so it is recommended that you complete this assessment first.
For this assessment, create a chart to explain the genetic and evolutionary approaches to personality. Use bullet points and short phrases to complete the following in your chart:
- Provide a brief description of the theory, and identify the major theorist(s).
- Explain the major components of the theory.
- Explain the strengths, weaknesses, and criticisms of the theory.
- Explain how the theory may be applied within the field of psychology. In other words, in what situations is this theory being used?
- Provide one citation from a current (within 5 years) peer-reviewed, scholarly source.
After you have completed your chart, use critical thinking skills to write a paragraph using APA style and formatting that:
- Discusses the arguments for validity.
- Applies proper APA formatting and style.
- Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations of members of professional communities.
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Formatting: Format resources and citations according to APA style and formatting.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of two current (within 5 years) peer-reviewed, scholarly resources.
- Number of pages: Submit 2–3 pages.
- Font and font size: Use Times New Roman, 12-point font.