Health and Human Services
A community assessment begins with a basic windshield survey where each community subsystem is explored. Health and social services are resources necessary to maintain and enhance the health and well-being of individuals and families.
Click on the Enter Sentinel City® continue your virtual experience by taking a bus tour of Sentinel City®. Since this is your second tour, feel free to choose any bus speed and/or get off the bus at any time to walk around. As you take the tour, write down your observations, specifically focused on the following subsystems: health and social services. Meet with Mayor Hill to discuss the subsystems: Health and Human Services. Compile your observations and any demographic information addressing each item listed in the first column of the rubric. You are encouraged to add other relevant characteristics you observe that may not be listed in the first column as you complete this activity.
Reading and Resources
Harkness & DeMarco (2016) Read Chapters 4 & 5
Find the health rankings for the county where your practice learning site is located by visiting: “Health Rankings for Your State & County”
Watch the Levels of Prevention Video
- All submissions should have a title page and reference page.
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly resources.
- Adhere to grammar, spelling and punctuation criteria.
- Adhere to APA compliance guidelines.
- Adhere to the chosen Submission Option for Delivery of Activity guidelines.
- 1 to 2-page paper. Include title and reference pages
Attachments areaPreview YouTube video Levels of Prevention