This week we discuss the levels of care in the U.S. healthcare system. There are three delivery mode options. The delivery mode you will be discussing depends on the first initial of your last name. See the table below.
Guided Responses: Those who are assigned to Delivery Mode 1 will respond to those who responded to Delivery Modes 2 and 3, Delivery Mode 2 will respond to those in Delivery Mode 1 and 3, and Delivery Mode 3 will respond to those in Delivery Modes 1 and 2. Review the six concerns listed in each of your classmates’ discussions. Select two concerns within each post and examine how stakeholders in their specific delivery mode might address two of them.
Students with last names starting with A–H are assigned to Delivery Mode 1—long-term care—throughout this discussion; submit rebuttals to each of the other modes.
Delivery Mode 1: Long-Term Care (last names A-H)
Examine this mode of delivery and address the following elements in your discussion:
- Describe the type of care this option provides. Consider the following:
- Who is the target client?
- What professionals work within that mode?
- What does this mode offer in terms of care?
- What are the expected outcomes?
- Discuss at least two specific issues or concerns that affect the delivery of care for each of the following categories listed below (a total of six concerns):
- legal and regulatory
Guided Responses: Those who are assigned to Delivery Mode 1 will respond to those responding to Delivery Modes 2 and 3, Delivery Mode 2 will respond to those in Delivery Modes 1 and 3, and Delivery Mode 3 will respond to those in Delivery Modes 1 and 2. Review the six concerns listed in each of your classmates’ discussions. Select two concerns within each post and examine how stakeholders in their specific delivery mode might address two of them.
Final Presentation: Part I
Look ahead at the Final Presentation directions in Week Five. The assignment this week is Part I of that presentation. For this assignment, Part 1, you will provide an overview of the U.S. healthcare system. Follow the instructions below to complete this part of your Final Presentation:
Introduction: Include a title slide. Next, include an introductory slide where you will identify yourself and describe the nature of this presentation.
Part I (of the Final Presentation): The U.S. healthcare system. Define the U.S. healthcare system by addressing the following:
- Describe the history of the U.S. health care system. Include at least three of the revolutionary factors (e.g., the teacher’s union in Dallas, Texas; The American Medical Association; Civil War, first Marine Hospital, etc.). Chapter two in our textbook discusses the evolution of our healthcare system and is a good resource for this part of the presentation.
- Identify at least one major development from each of the following: financial, legal, ethical, regulatory, and social [e.g., consumer demand] that transformed the system into what it is today. You may want to revisit the healthcare timeline.
- Differentiate the stakeholders and their roles (e.g., healthcare professionals, clients [patients], health insurance organizations, government,colleges, and health care agencies
- Include the positive and negative contributions of how they affect the health care system).
Creating Part 1 of the Final Presentation for the Week 3 Assignment
Part 1 of the Final Presentation must:
- Be 5 to 7 slides (excludes the title slide and reference slides) and be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.