Human Research Protection
This week you will examine the concept of protecting human subjects in research. The aim is to familiarize you with the ethical issues associated with research and gain firsthand information of the processes used to protect research participants.
Search YouTube for the following videos to review:
- Caring Corrupted: The Killing Nurses of the Third Reich
- Research Ethics involving Human Subjects
- The Belmont Report (Part One: Basic Ethical Principles)
- The Belmont Report (Part Two: Applying the Principles)
- Guiding Principles of Institutional Review Boards (IRB)
After viewing the videos, in a Microsoft Word document of 2-3 pages formatted in APA style, address the following criteria for each video:
- Describe one point from each video that you think is important regarding protecting human subjects in research.
- Your rationale for why you think the point you described is important.
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format.
- Name your document as SU_NSG3029_W1_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.