Read Book I ONLY of Essay Concerning Human Understanding by John Locke: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10615 (Links to an external site.)
write your Brief Essay Response.
Explain how Locke’s repudiation of “innate” ideas laid the foundation for Enlightenment thought and shaped modern political theory. Explain what these “innate” ideas were about and how he repudiated them, then discuss how Enlightenment thought and approach to ideas differed. How does that difference relate to modern ideas of how we are to be governed?
A Brief Essay Response should consist of at least 8 sentences, following this format:
- A topic sentence that answers the essay question generally.
- A sentence that makes your first point or gives your first answer.
- A sentence that further supports, illustrates, or discusses the first point or first answer
- A sentence that makes your second point or gives your second answer.
- A sentence that further supports, illustrates, or discusses the second point or second answer.
- A sentence that makes your third point or gives your third answer.
- A sentence that further supports, illustrates, or discusses the third point or third answer.
- A concluding sentence that relates what your Sentence 2 thru Sentence 7 have to do with the Topic Sentence 1.