- Access the University Library so that you can find research articles from peer-reviewed research journals in the psychology discipline.
- Select three peer-reviewed research journal articles in the psychology discipline that address topics that you may want to investigate further in your Week Six individual paper (see Week Six for full assignment details).
- The 3 articles must pertain to any of the week 6 assignment topics
- The 3 articles you select must be from the year 2000 or newer.
- You will not earn credit for selecting older peer-reviewed journal articles.
- The articles you select must come from peer-reviewed research journals in the psychology discipline.
- You will not earn credit for choosing peer-reviewed journal articles from journals that are not from the psychology discipline.
- (A) What did you find most interesting about the article’s content that you selected?
- (B) Why is this article interesting to you?
- Required: After each paragraph, provide the full reference for the article in proper APA style.
- First-person is permitted.
- Do not summarize the article. Parts A and B are not asking for an article summary.
Outline/Structure of your paper to submit:
Page 1: Title Page
Page 2: Three Peer-Reviewed Psychology Articles from the Year 2000 or Newer
*Note: A standard paragraph is 5-sentences minimum. This is graduate school – be liberal and generous in the amount of content that you write.
Topics permitted for this Week 1 assignment:
Your 3 paragraphs that you submit for grading must be written about at least one of the topics below. These topics are also listed in the Week 6 individual assignment directions.
- Resiliency in children
- Gender differences in infancy and childhood
- Effects of day care
- Attachment styles
- Causes and effects of child abuse and neglect
- Effects of divorce on children
- Prenatal influences
- Prematurity, medical interventions, and long-term outcomes
- Pros and cons of grade retention
- Language development
- Media influences on children
- Influences on school readiness
- Bullying causes, preventions, and interventions
- Development of creativity
- Sex differences in mental abilities
- Effects of parental death on children
- Emerging adulthood
- Gender differences concerning aging
- Midlife crisis
- Adapting to life changes during adulthood
- Developmental issues related to nontraditional families
- Caring for aging parents
- Victimization of the elderly
- Death with dignity
- Right to die
WEEK SIX DETAILS
1. Choose one of the following topics and write a 1,000-1,500 word paper summarizing the current psychological research on the topic. (Many of these topics are broad and you may choose to focus your research on a more specific area of the topic, such as focusing on when children show resiliency when dealing with divorce.)
2. Access the University Library so that you can find 3 research articles from peer-reviewed psychology research journals published in 2000 or more recently. This means the body of your paper must also have in-text citations for these 3 articles.
- Research articles must be from the year 2000 or newer.
- Older research articles will result in point deductions.
- Research articles must be from the psychology discipline.
- Do not use psychiatry journals or journals from other disciplies (nursing, geology, etc.) Points will be deducted for this.
3. Format your paper according to APA standards.
- Use Subheadings!
- An introduction and conclusion paragraph are required.
- Remember to include a properly formatted title and reference page.
- An abstract is NOT required.
Here is a suggested outline for your paper:
Click the Assignment Files tab to upload 2 files for grading:
(1) Submit your assignment in Word doc format.
(2) Submit the turnitin.com report of your paper in PDF or HTML format (from the plagiarism checker inside of the Center for Writing Excellence). Not submitting it is a 2% deduction.
Note: If you do not know how to save the turnitin.com report as a PDF or HTML file, please call tech support for assistance.
Written work will be graded for addressing the required content and staying on topic, organization, readability, grammar/mechanics, accurate APA formatting, and whether or not the turnitin.com originality report was submitted.