Literacy Lesson Plan
Create a developmentally appropriate literacy lesson plan that supports language and literacy experiences.
Include the following in your lesson plan, using the Lesson Plan Template:
- Identify the lesson objectives.
- Describe the alignment with language and literacy standards.
- Describe the lesson procedure. This should be detailed so that another teacher could use this to implement the lesson.
- Explain strategies to support children learning a second language.
- Explain modifications for students with special needs.
- Identify appropriate materials. Use the textbook and at least one outside resource, with citations in APA format.
- Create an assessment plan. How will you measure improvement?
It is required that you use the Lesson Plan Template to complete this portion of your assignment. While certain components of the lesson plan template are highlighted in the steps above, it is required that you complete all sections of the template. It is suggested that you utilize the Early childhood and child development: Lesson plan handbook as a guide for how to more effectively plan this lesson. Your assignment must be formatted according to APA style, citing two to three scholarly resources (including the course text). Since you will be using a template, it is not necessary to include a title and cover page.
Since this is an assignment that you will be able to use in your future role, share your lesson plan with the class through the Doc Sharing tab. Doing this will allow others to see various language lessons. This will provide you with peer feedback that could help you to continue to grow. That said, you will still need to upload your assignment for grading as a Word file.