Search for research articles from peer-reviewed publications in the University Library. Examples of peer-reviewed publications are listed in Table 2.1 in Chapter 2 of Methods in Behavioral Research.
Select two research articles to review. Include at least one applied research article and one basic research article. Be sure to apply the scientific method to evaluate the evidence presented in the selected articles. Use these articles as a framework for completing the questionnaire.
Write a 100- to 500-word answer to each of the following questions:
- What is the purpose of each of the sections in a typical research article?
- What are the steps to critically evaluate research articles and how does the scientific method help you do this?
- What is the relationship between applied research and basic research? Provide an example from your selected studies, of how each contributes to the body of knowledge.
- What ethical issues can you identify in the selected articles? How were the issues addressed or neglected?
- Identify three possible research topics that you might want to explore further as you go through this course.