Title of Assignment:
Module 5: Disorders of the genitourinary system
Purpose of Assignment:
Health care providers must be aware of the issues related to sexually transmitted infections. This recent news release from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Determine pathophysiologic alterations that affect the reproductive and endocrine systems.
Review information in your assigned readings to work on the assignment. The website below also has a variety of information to support your readings for the week.
Select a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and do research on it. Write a 3-5 page paper about the condition/issue. In the paper discuss the concepts below:
- What is the pathophysiology of one STI
- What is the etiology of the selected STI
- What are the clinical manifestations of the selected STI
- What is the treatment for the selected STI
Use 2-3 evidence-based articles from peer-reviewed journals or scholarly sources to support your findings. Be sure to cite your sources in-text and on a References page using APA format.
Need help finding evidence-based articles? Use this link: http://rasmussen.libanswers.com/faq/208365
Visit this link for an example of how to cite a video: https://guides.rasmussen.edu/apa/av#s-lib-ctab-4539348-3
Have questions about APA formatting? Visit the online APA guide: https://guides.rasmussen.edu/apa