Remember to submit your work following the file naming convention FirstInitial.LastName_M01.docx. For example, J.Smith_M01.docx. Remember that it is not necessary to manually type in the file extension; it will automatically append.
Start by reading and following these instructions:
1. Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
2. Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
3. Consider the discussions and any insights gained from it.
4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Briefly summarize your project: How was the assessment completed? Who was your target audience and how many were in the audience? What was your topic? How did you determine what your topic should be (justification)? When and where did you present the community education project? Who gave you permission to present at the location, was the permission form completed? How did you advertise your presentation? What educational materials did you use or provide to the audience? (Provide ID of yourself and action picture for proof.)
Explain how you would evaluate whether the efforts to improve the health concern were effective. Include in your explanation the tools you might use to do this evaluation. Also, critically appraise your performance of the activity/project for this population. How did the population respond? What aspects were you most satisfied/least satisfied with? What went well (at least 3 things)? What changes would you make in the future (at least 2 things)?
For nurses, reflection is integral to higher-level thinking. You should be able to critically analyze scenarios and possible outcomes as opposed to simply asking the right questions. Acute perception of the entire situation will be obtained because you are open to dealing with the contradictions that may challenge your initial bias. Reflect on how your perspective of the community’s health and the national, state, and local efforts toward a healthier population has changed as a result of your fieldwork. Discuss the health of the target community population compared to national, state, local health findings. Discuss how the interventions used would impact at the local, state, and national level (include information on your chosen Healthy People 2020 goals). Finally, what impact did your project have on your target population?
- Please submit a recorded presentation of between 7 and 9 minutes that is a reflection of the project based on a full representation of all three parts above. You may video yourself discussing the project or you may create a PowerPoint presentation and record your voice to the presentation. Use a recording platform of your choice and either upload as an mp4 or share the link directly to the video in the dropbox. ***Please do not record as voice-over PowerPoint because this cannot be saved in mp4 format or a link.*** If you submit your assignment as a powerpoint with voice over recording you will not receive credit for your assignment (or partial credit as you did not meet the full requirements of the assignment.The presentation should include at least two scholarly sources other than provided materials. Please be sure to provide a photo of you at the location where you completed your education project and your ID again. You may submit your Reference page and photos in a separate file in the dropbox or insert them into the PowerPoint.
- Project Concert: each module had a minimum required practice hours related to your work on the main education project. Practice hours relate to time spent on project work (Discussion Board work does not apply). Document your hours for Module 8 in Project Concert. You should have an estimated 8-10 hours for Module 8. Access Project Concert. Check your total practice hours for the course in Project Concert; each Module should have the minimum hours logged and there should be a total of between 70 and 100 hours for this course. Minimum required hours must be entered into Project Concert for Module 8 (8 hours). Some states/entities require hour logs for certification or employment. It is the student’s professional responsibility to ensure all hours are entered correctly in order to meet these requirements. Please see the Project Concert directions document in the Learning Materials on how to enter hours.