Resource: Adverse Trend and Data Management Grading Criteria
Identify an adverse trend (across multiple patients) that could occur within your organization.
Part I: Flow Chart
Create a flow chart or step-by-step guide identifying how you will collect, review, and apply data to make a decision that will affect patient care in general.
· Identify the steps you will take to collect, review, and apply data to make a decision that will affect patient care.
· List the type and source of information needed in each step.
· Identify the technologies used in each step.
Part II: Paper
Write a 750- to 1,050-word paper explaining the flow chart or step-by-step guide.
· Describe how you may become aware of the trend in question and why you would want to investigate further.
· Describe the data you would need to collect, the source(s), and why you would need this data.
· Describe the data collection methods you would use and why.
· Describe how the data would affect your response to the adverse trend.
· Explain how you will use the technology in each step.
· Describe any regulatory, legal, and ethical issues related to the use of data and the technologies used.
Include at least three peer-reviewed references, and develop an APA-formatted reference page.
Include APA-formatted citations.
Format the paper following APA guidelines. To clarify:
o Include a title page
o Include an introduction and a conclusion.
o Use section headings in accordance with APA standards for organization.
o Cite and reference at least three peer-reviewed references in the paper.
o Develop in-text citations and references according to APA standards.
o Reference page must be formatted on APA format.
Note: Formatting, citations and references within your assignment must conform to the standards set forth in the UOP Writing Style Handbook located in the Center for Writing Excellence.
Attach the flow chart and reference page as appendices to the paper.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your paper.
- Post your assignment in a single Microsoft Word Attachment.