PSY 100 Writing Assignment: Personal Reflection Journal Entry
Due in Week 6 and worth 210 points
Click the link above to submit your assignment. If you need assistance, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you reflect on how well you are:
- adjusting to your life in terms of subjective well-being (happiness and life satisfaction)
- adjusting to issues of diversity (gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, etc., as relevant for you)
- developing your identity (e.g., your role as a student, parent, spouse, employee, etc., as relevant for you)
- coping with stress and adjusting to specific stressors in your life
- adjusting to one or more relationships (with a friend, coworker, spouse, child, etc., as relevant for you)
- adjusting to being a college student and to taking honors classes
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides
- Since the only resources you will be using for this assignment are your textbook and personal experiences, you need not include a reference page.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Identify and describe psychological adjustment and subjective well-being.
- Identify contextual variables (e.g., culture) that impact psychological adjustment.
- Describe identity, self-concept, and/or self-esteem.
- Describe stress, stressors, and coping strategies, and contemplate their relationship to psychological adjustment.
- Identify and describe relationship issues and how they impact psychological adjustment.
- Identify and describe stages of adult development and discuss the relationship between developmental stage and psychological adjustment.
- Use critical thinking skills to reflect on personal experiences with adjustment and identify new strategies for personal growth.
- Write clearly and concisely about psychology using proper writing mechanics.