Final Project Annotated Outline
[WLOs: 3] [CLOs: 1, 2, 3, 4]
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review your completed Week 1 and Week 2 assignments, and familiarize yourself with the DSM-5 by accessing it in the Ashford University Library. Look up your selected psychological disorder in the DSM-5 (this is the same as the disorder you wrote about in the Week 1 and Week 2 assignments) to determine the diagnostic criteria, as well as other current information and terminology, and use this resource as one of your references (be sure to use in-text citations for the information used). With the exception of the DSM-5, you may cite and reference course materials such as the textbook, required or recommended reading, or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
Please be sure to use current terminology as described in the DSM-5 for neuropsychological disorders. This book is a manual of neuropsychological disorders and the diagnostic criteria needed to make the clinical diagnosis. This reference is used by mental health professionals and will assist you in your assignment this week, as well as all course work in this class. If your disorder is purely neurological, be sure to include current clinical guidelines, diagnostic criteria, terminology, and the neurobiology involved in the pathology, using current guidelines from the appropriate professional societies.
This assignment is an analysis of the neuropsychological disorder that supports your Final Project. You will create an outline of the main points of your Final Project, using your selected neuropsychological disorder as approved by the instructor in Week 1. The Final Project outline will be organized into three sections, each main section having required components. This outline is both an analysis of your topic, as well as a tool to ensure that you are on the right track with your Final Project. The more information you provide, the more feedback you will receive from your instructor, which will be helpful as you write your Final Project.
For this assignment you must:
- Complete and submit the Final Project Annotated Outline template to Waypoint.
- Use the references you found for the Week 1 assignment and the Week 2 annotated bibliography assignment. You may also use additional references as necessary.
- With the exception of the DSM-5, you may cite and reference course materials such as the textbook, required or recommended reading, or multimedia, but these will not fulfill the source requirement.
Please note: This assignment should incorporate information from your Week 1 and Week 2 assignment, but it must expand on that information and use the template provided, which is in the format of an annotated outline.
Your completed Final Project Annotated Outline Template
- Must be a minimum of three to four double-spaced pages in length.
- Must use the provided template, which includes a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use the Final Project Annotated Outline template in the assignment instructions to create your paper.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must use the provided template, and for all sections include at least a two- to three- sentence description (use complete sentences). Do not simply write the heading and a few words of description.
- Must include in-text citations (Links to an external site.) for all statements of facts obtained through your research. For more information please review the Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Remember that direct quotes (identical phrases or sentences taken from a source) require in-text citations with appropriate formatting.
- Statements of opinion should be clearly stated as such, and include a rationale to support why you hold this opinion (e.g., personal or professional experience).
- Must use at least six to eight scholarly and/or peer-reviewed sources that were published with the last five years, including a minimum of four peer-reviewed original research studies. For further information, please review the Original Research Study Tipsheet (Links to an external site.).
- In general, dictionaries and encyclopedias are not considered appropriate as resources for academic writing.
- It is assumed that these references will be included in your Final Project.
- It is assumed that these references will include those from your Week 2 assignment, as well as any additional references you select.
- Must use the provided template, which includes a separate reference page, formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignmen