Substance Abuse PowerPoint
Prepare a PowerPoint presentation of 15-20 slides, in addition to the title and reference pages, that addresses the following:
- Explain the differences between substance use, misuse, abuse, and dependence. Use DSM diagnosis to provide differences in categories.
- Identify at least three different purposes for assessing substance abusers.
- Discuss factors that might interfere with the reliability of information obtained by using an identified instrument (your choice) to interview substance abusers, with respect to the reliability and validity of your verbal responses as well as the client’s.
- Discuss the role and importance of confidentiality when interviewing substance abusers.
- Discuss two possible types of countertransferences that could develop when interviewing substance abusers.
- List five domains that must be addressed during an interview with substance abusers.
- Explain the appropriate attitude and style a counselor should manifest.
Using the Notes feature of PowerPoint, prepare a scripted narrative for the slides of your presentation.
Include at least four scholarly references in addition to the textbook in your presentation.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.