MUST BE APA SIXTH EDITION FORMAT
1300 EST TIME
Select 1 of the following Bipolar and related disorders:
- Bipolar I Disorder
- Bipolar II Disorder
- Cyclothymic Disorder
Provide the following details about the disorder:
- What are some of the symptoms?
What would this disorder look like in person? Make sure you relate this back to the DSM criteria.
- Prevalence in the U.S. population
- Your perception of potential impact on workplace performance
- Discuss one type of treatment approach that has been shown to be successful at treating the disorder you selected.
- Long-term prognosis (i.e., can it get better?)
Provide 1-2 sources (other than your textbook) cited in APA style to support your answer.
The materials found in the MUSE may help you with this assignment such as the audio file Introduction to Mood Disorders.
This assignment is similar to Unit 3 DB, except that now you will choose one of three bipolar disorders and explore the symptoms, expression, prevalence, workplace impact, treatment, and prognosis of that disorder. Check Chapter 7, pp. 227-230 for information on bipolar & related disorders.
To learn more about these three disorders, here are a few fact sheets: