Public Healthcare Services
Create a presentation of 10- to 12-slides in Microsoft PowerPoint that addresses any one of the following topics of Healthy People 2020. Explain how it benefits the individual and the community.
Please select any one topic from the given list:
- Access to health services
- Educational and community based programs
- Environmental health
- Maternal, infant and child health
- Mental health and mental disorders
- Older adults
Note: The title slide and reference slide will be in addition to the twelve slides required.
You are asked to deliver a twenty minute keynote address to an audience consisting of health care, managed care, and government health professionals. You will focus on one topic of the Healthy People 2020 and address the interests of each audience members. Include the actual speech in the speaker notes below the actual slides of the above presentation.
Also, address the following in your presentation:
- Provide the outlook of the chosen subject and how the health will be affected if requirements are not met by 2020.
- What current public and private agencies provide assistance to the consumer to help them make health changes to meet the requirements of the chosen subject’s objectives?
- What current issues are perceived or real barriers to attain the objectives of 2020?
- What roles do health care professionals from all areas (healthcare, managed care, and government) need to provide to the consumer to help reach specific objectives in 2020?
- What role does public health contribute to meeting one or two objectives?
- What specific health promotion or wellness program will you suggest to help reach the 2020 objectives? If no programs are available, what type of program will you develop?
- How can communities help reduce issues and risks so objectives can be achieved?
- What types of financial support is needed by organizations to make the objectives attainable? Who should support the program financially and if the government is involved, what other program should be cut to be able to meet the needs of this program?
- What health risks will continue to develop if the objectives are not achieved by 2020?
- How will technology advancement help track data, provide resources for individuals, or monitor progress to stay on task for successful implementation?
- What disparities for minorities are apparent to impede progress and not achieve the objectives? Does socioeconomic status factor in to a successful result?
- Conclusion slide: Summarize findings and prediction if the objective(s) are on track to meet the 2020 timeline.
Note: Please add additional content in the Notes section. Provide title slide and reference slide (reference slide should include three scholarly references) in the presentation.
Support your responses with examples.
Cite any sources in APA format.
Name your presentation SU_HSC4021_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.ppt.
Submit your presentation to the W5 Assignment 2 Dropbox by Tuesday, June 20, 2017.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Analyzed and provided outlook of the chosen subject and described how health will be affected if the requirements are not met by 2020. Also included a list of current public and private agencies that help in making health changes to meet the requirements of the chosen subject’s objectives.||
|Explained the current issues that are perceived or are the real barriers in attaining the objectives of 2020. Also explained the role that the healthcare professionals play in this.||
|Suggested specific health promotion or wellness program to achieve the objectives. If not available, then developed a new program.||
|Analyzed and explained the ways in which community helps in reducing the issues and the risks, so that the objectives can be achieved.||
|Analyzed how the technology advancement helps to track data, provide resources for individuals, or monitor progress, to stay on task for successful implementation.||
|Summarized the disparities for minorities that are apparent to impede progress.||
|Formulated the conclusion summarizing the findings and prediction if the objective(s) are on track to meet the 2020 timeline.||