Professional Development Objectives
In Week 1, you developed your practicum professional development objectives. How have your experiences thus far in the practicum contributed to your growth as nurse leader-manager or nurse informaticist? What difficulties, if any, have you experienced, and how might this affect the achievement of your objectives?
In this Discussion, you assess your progress toward fulfilling your practicum professional development objectives and consider how you could enhance or alter your activities to achieve your aims.
- Reflect on the practicum professional development objectives you developed and outlined in your Practicum Professional Experience Plan in Week 1.
- Keeping in mind the practicum activities you have engaged in thus far, consider the following questions:
- How have these activities helped to promote your professional development?
- Are you satisfied with your progress toward meeting your objectives? If not, what will you do to ensure you achieve them before the end of your Practicum Experience? As a reminder, you must complete all of your practicum hours on or before Day 5 of Week 11.
- What challenges or unexpected opportunities have arisen at your practicum site? How has this affected your professional development?
- Think about the experiences you may have in the forthcoming weeks. Do you foresee any particular challenges on the horizon? If so, what is your plan for addressing those challenges?
- Think about the time you have spent with your Preceptor. How has this time enhanced or changed your understanding of the role and functions of the nurse leader-manager or nurse informaticist?