Course Project, Transcultural Assessment, Milestone 2: Guide and Questions (graded)
The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply concepts in transcultural nursing by performing a transcultural nursing assessment. The purpose of Milestone 2 is to develop an assessment guide utilizing open-ended questions that will encourage participation by the individual.
The completion of the Course Project enables the student to meet the following Course Outcomes.
CO1: Identify theories, concepts, and beliefs related to transcultural nursing. (PO1)
CO2: Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations. (PO3)
CO4: Perform a culturally competent nursing assessment. (PO3)
The entire project is worth 600 points. Milestone 2 is worth 225 points of this total.
You are to submit your completed NR394 Milestone 2 by Sunday, 11:59 p.m. MT, at the end of Week 4.
Requirements and Guidelines
- Review the Course Outcomes for this assignment, which are listed above.
- Read the Course Project Overview document located under the Modules Tab. Here you will find more details and helpful tips.
- Research your individual’s cultural background prior to developing questions. Think about the impact the culture of origin has on the individual’s physical health; that is, what illnesses and conditions are prevalent in this culture? What are commonly held beliefs about health in the individual’s culture of origin that could influence the individual’s perception of healthcare and health practices in the current culture/community?
- Refer to Appendix A in your text and select three (3) categories upon which you will concentrate for your assessment guide and questions. Thoroughly review each of the categories, and think about your individual.
- D Develop an assessment guide and questions with specific initial and follow-up questions. Include questions that reflect a thorough understanding of the categories (Appendix A) that you selected about the influence culture may have on the individual’s health and well-being.
- Review the Differences Between Closed and Open-Ended Questions document (Links to an external site.). Use the suggestions as you formulate/propose your initial and follow-up questions.
- Download the Milestone 2 assessment template (Links to an external site.) embedded in these guidelines.
- Fill in information using the template. This does not require APA formatting; however, you are expected to write clearly and use proper grammar and spelling. The template is expandable to accommodate your typing.
- Submit the completed template to the Milestone 2 assignment page by Sunday of Week 4 at 11:59 p.m. MT.
- Prior to submission of Milestone 3, revise the Assessment Guide and Questions based on instructor feedback.
- Contact your instructor if you have questions.