Over the last few courses, you have been developing your dissertation research prospectus from your 10 Key Strategic Points document. At this point, you should have a preliminary draft of your prospectus that integrates an abbreviated version of your literature review into the introduction to the prospectus. Your prospectus should include all components listed in the “Prospectus Review Checklist,” and the “Prospectus Template” should be followed explicitly to organize formatting and content. This assignment is another opportunity for you to receive feedback on your progress to date. You will continue to work on your prospectus throughout this course by implementing feedback received on this assignment. Another submission of a more polished prospectus will be due later in this course. Additionally, continue to expand and improve upon your literature review, including the theoretical foundations that have been established for your specific topic, as the entire literature review will be included in your dissertation proposal to be submitted in subsequent courses.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Locate your initiated dissertation prospectus document.
- Download the most current version of the Prospectus Template and the Prospectus Review Checklist from
- Instructors will be using a grading rubric to grade the assignments. It is recommended that learners review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment in order to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
Submit the most current draft of your dissertation research prospectus using the Prospectus Template. The draft should include revisions based on the feedback from your previous instructor as well as an abbreviated literature review. The draft should be approximately 7-9 pages in length.