Protecting Your Scope of Practice
Protecting the scope of practice for nurses, particularly advanced practice registered nurses, is a major initiative at the American Nurses Association (ANA) 2016. The ANA is working together with our Constituent Member (State) Associations to help remove geographic and practice setting limitations for Advanced Practice Registered Nurses (APRNs). The ANA is working state by state to ensure that state laws affecting APRN’s are both fair and consistent across the country, and that your scope of practice is not unfairly limited.
Discuss how this initiative and how it will impact your future as an APRN and your clinical practice in the state in which you live. Include sources to support your assignment.
To view the Grading Rubric for this Assignment, please visit the Grading Rubrics section of the Course Resources.
Before finalizing your work, you should:
- be sure to read the Assignment description carefully (as displayed above);
- consult the Grading Rubric(under the Course Resources) to make sure you have included everything necessary; and
- Utilize spelling and grammar check to minimize errors.
Your writingAssignment should:
- follow the conventions of Standard English(correct grammar, punctuation, etc.);
- be well ordered,logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful;
- display superior content, organization, style, andmechanics; and use APA 6th Editionformat as outlined in the APA Progression Ladder.