Assignment 1: Description of Research Methodology
Due Week 2 and worth 150 points
In this assignment, you will describe the research method(s) used in a social psychology study. In preparation for the assignment, go to Stanford University’s Social Psychological Answers to Real-world Questions (SPARQ) Website. Select one (1) article from the Solutions Catalog, located at https://sparq.stanford.edu/solutions?&&. Review both the article and the original study information found within the article.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:Two pages is fine
- Briefly summarize the main details of your chosen social psychology research study. Identify the main research method(s) used in the study (e.g., case study, experiment, observation, etc.).
- Explain whether or not you believe the research methodology that the researchers used in the study was the most appropriate for the study. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Discuss whether or not you believe the research methodology used in the study is the one (1) method that provides researchers with the most information in general. Explain the main reasons why or why not.
- Explain the major ethical implications of the selected study (e.g., informed consent, debriefing, etc.). Describe the main reasons why you believe the study was or was not ethical. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Using APA format, cite the selected SPARQ Website article and / or the original study as a resource.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Describe research methods that are used for studying social psychology.
- Develop an increased understanding of the dynamic between society and individuals.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in social psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about social psychology using proper grammar and mechanics.