Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper analyzing the formation of habits using behavioral and social/cognitive approaches. Your paper should cover the following areas:
- Analyze one of your habits. This could be either a “good habit” or a “bad habit”.
- Descrube your habit and the sequence of behaviors involved in it.
- How did you develop this habit?
- Were there role models for this habit? Which people influenced the adoption of this habit?
- Why do you continue it? Has there been a time when you have attempted to break this habit?
- How would behavior theory (classical and/or operant conditioning) explain how this habit developed and is maintained?
- Analyze whether elements of social/cognitive theory may also explain how the habit formed and is maintained.
- If you wanted to change this habit, outline a plan that applies operant conditioning principles to change it. You could consider either increasing, or decreasing its frequency.
- On balance, does the behavioral theory or the social/cognitive theory best explain your personality characteristics and behaviors? Explain.
Include an introduction and conclusion in your paper.
Cite appropriate academic sources to support your discussion, analysis and recommendations. The UOPX Library is an excellent (and preferred) resource for academic research.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment.