Complete the following based on your assigned Data Scenario:
- Describe the research problem.
- Conduct a literature review and locate two articles that relate to the research problem.
- Use the articles to assist in describing the problem.
- Formulate the null hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis.
- Determine if the null hypothesis should be rejected or retained based on the results.
- Support the decision with references from the text.
Write a 200- to 350-word summary of the results.
University of Phoenix Material
Research Data Critique Scenario Two
The CEO of ABC manufacturing commissioned a study to look at the differences between the current salaries of her employees (n = 474) and their starting salaries. The study collected current and beginning salary data for each of the 474 employees and the researcher conducted a statistic and the results are presented below. Using the five steps of hypothesis testing, explain what the researcher might have done, including the appropriate analysis, and interpret the results. Are there any problems with this study? If so, explain what they are.
Beginning salary mean = $17,016.09, SD = $7,870
Current salary mean = $34,419.57 SD = $17,075
Test statistic = 35.036, p <.05