This is a Collaborative Learning Community Assignment.
Perception is a person’s ability to make connections to the world around them, which involves all the senses. The processing and storage of these stimuli for future use helps determine how individuals shape the environment, relationships, and individual goals in the future.
To complete this assignment: The instructor will divide the class into Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) teams.
- CLC teams must submit a filled-in copy of the CLC Agreement Form.
- Teams will formulate a set of directions to give to a child or an adult to complete a task.
- Each CLC team member will provide the team’s directions to an available subject.
- Each team member will observe the behavior during the task, the questions asked by the subject, and the reactions to complication of the task.
Discuss the results with team members. Include the following in the discussion:
- Behavior of subject during the task.
- What visual and/or auditory cues were given to help the subject complete the tasks?
- What were the strengths and weaknesses of the set of directions that were given to the subject?
- How did the subject’s attention to directions and the clarity of the directions affect the completion of the task?
- How would you change the assignment and/or directions to accommodate the student?
In 500-750 words compile observations and prepare to share them with the entire class as directed by the instructor.
You are required to use a minimum of one other scholarly resource besides the text.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
You are not required to submit this assignment to Turnitin, unless otherwise directed by your instructor. If so directed, refer to the Student Success Center for directions. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.