For this assignment, you will choose from the following options:
- Option 1: Dog Phobia Paper
- Option 2: Public Speaking Phobia Paper
- Option 3: Little Hans Case Study
Read the Explaining Phobia Paper and select one option to complete the assignment.
In this option, you will review Freud’s case study of Little Hans, the young boy who developed a fear of horses. Read the original case study of Little Hans, located on the student website.
Prepare a 1,500- to 1,750-word paper in which you use psychoanalytic theory to analyze Little Hans.
Include the following in your paper:
· Complete an analysis of the phobia of Little Hans from a psychoanalytic perspective.
o Discuss how psychoanalytic theory conceptualized the phobia of Little Hans.
o Discuss why this was such a remarkable strategy for the period.
· Describe, in detail, how the phobia of Little Hans could be explained by the following:
o Classical conditioning (behavioral perspective)
o Observational learning (social learning perspective)
Cite at least two psychoanalytic references in your paper to support your assessment.