Intervention Support Plan
This assignment is the fourth component of your Assessment, Intervention Support, and Related Systems project. In Unit 6, you uncovered a wide range of scholarly works necessary for developing a strategic approach that entails multiple principles and tactics for changing behavior. In this project component, you will create an intervention support plan for the behavior change of the subjects in your case study. As stated in the course project description, if your chosen case study or real-life scenario has more than one behavior of interest, you must prioritize them for intervention.
For this assignment, you will be assessed on your understanding of the following course competencies:
· Evaluate ABA assessment and interventions strategies to change socially significant behavior.
· Apply comprehensive skills required for consultation, implementation, management, and supervision.
· Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and consistent with expectations for professionals in the field of psychology.
How to Organize Your Paper
Use the following subheadings (formatted in APA style) to label the three main sections of your paper:
Intervention Support Plan.
Apply behavioral assessment methods for the consideration and selection of intervention outcomes and strategies for the target behavior in your case study. You will exercise your clinical writing skills to create a detailed behavior intervention plan including the following:
· Operational Definitions and Functions of Identified Target Behaviors. For this section, summarize all results of the assessment portion. Prioritize and define the behaviors to be targeted, and list the functions of each of those behaviors.
· Antecedent Procedures. Based on the results of the FBA, describe the antecedent procedures you recommend to prevent the behavior from occurring. Be sure to cite the research justifying your use of these procedures.
· Replacement Procedure. Based on the functions of behavior, describe the replacement behaviors you would like to address as well as your plan for how they would be taught and reinforced. Be sure to cite the research justifying your use of these procedures.
· Consequential Procedures. Based on the results of the FBA, describe how you would want others (therapist, teacher, or caregiver) to respond if the behavior occurs. Describe how to arrange the environment such that others will respond accordingly.
· Short-Term Goals. Describe behavioral goals for the client to be achieved with three months of service. Be sure to cite the research justifying these goals.
· Long-Term Goals. Describe the ultimate goals of the intervention. Describe the discharge criteria for the recommended ABA services. Be sure to cite the research justifying these goals.
· Generalization and Maintenance Procedures. Describe your recommended plan to generalize the skills learned in this treatment plan. Describe your recommended plan to withdraw any treatment components while maintaining low rates of challenging behavior. Be sure to cite the research justifying your use of these procedures.
Monitoring Systems Support for Behavior.
Present your design for effective performance monitoring and reinforcement systems for your chosen case study.
Implementation of ABA Techniques.
Discuss the research that supports your decision for the implementation of intervention strategies here. Reference the literature gathered in previous units to help you create an empirically valid intervention plan.
· Written communication: Should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· APA formatting: References and citations are formatted according to current APA style guidelines.
· Resources: At least 5–6 scholarly resources.
· Length: 3–5 double-spaced pages, excluding title page and list of references.